top of page
• I WILL: Respect both private and public property and do no collecting on private land without permission from the owner.
• I WILL: Keep informed on all laws, regulations or rules governing collecting on public lands and will observe them.
• I WILL: To the best of my ability, ascertain the boundary lines of property on which I plan to collect.
• I WILL: Use no firearms or blasting material in collecting areas.
• I WILL: Cause no willful damage to property of any kind such as fences, signs, buildings, etc.
• I WILL: Leave all gates as found.
• I WILL: Build fires only in designated or safe places and will be certain they are completely extinguished before leaving the area.
• I WILL: Discard no burning material... matches, cigarettes, etc.
• I WILL: Fill all excavation holes which may be dangerous to livestock.
• I WILL: Not contaminate wells, creeks, springs, or other water supplies.
• I WILL: Cause no willful damage to collecting material and will take home only what I can reasonably use.
• I WILL: Practice conservation and undertake to utilize fully and well the materials I have collected and will recycle my surplus for the pleasure and benefit of others.
• I WILL: Observe the "Golden Rule", will use Good Outdoor Manners and will at all times conduct myself in a manner which will add to the stature and Public Image of Rockhounds everywhere.
• I WILL: Support the rockhound project H.E.L.P. (Help Eliminate Litter Please) and will leave all collecting areas devoid of litter, regardless of how found.
• I WILL: Cooperate with field-trip leaders and those in designated authority in all collecting areas.
• I WILL: Report to my club or federation officers, Bureau of Land Management or other authorities, any deposit of petrified wood or other materials on public lands which should be protected for the enjoyment of future generations for public educational and scientific purposes.
• I WILL: Appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources.
bottom of page